Tuesday, June 16, 2009

H-Bridge Lab



After the H-Bridge lab, I'm really starting to see even more how with the Arduino and a few other components you can control just about anything you want. I'm tempted to get a few motors and sensors together to make some kind of small robot or other moving object. It looks like we're coming full circle in the class, now with the ability to use motors to actually change and control physical space. The only difficult part of the lab for me was getting the H-Bridge to stay in my breadboard. The legs were a little too springy and didn't want to straddle the center piece. I ended up holding it in while I tested the motor.
I went on to assemble the gearbox that comes in the lab kit, and hook it up to a motor and the circuit. The decrease in speed/increase in torque is immediately apparent on the 1:60 gearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment