Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Lab 3


After getting help in class and completing lab 2 (I think my voltage regulator was backwards originally), I have now completed lab three as well. Having a bit of a background in computer science, I was astonished by how simple it is to program the Arduino. Granted I am no master yet, but since digital input and output is the primary use of the device, it seems like it's only a matter of expanding the existing syntax and adapting it to different input and output components and devices. The one part of the lab I am unsure about is the use of the 10k Ohm resistor . Is this an example of a pull-down resistor? Being able to measure voltage using the multimeter during this lab greatly improved my understanding of how components affect voltage within a circuit. I am currently brainstorming how one would use an Arduino with a large number of LED's or other components in a circuit, especially if one wanted to access these components independently.

No comments:

Post a Comment